If your home is heated and cooled by a heat pump, it can really get a workout in Colorado weather. Comfort By Nature in Greeley knows that chilly mornings can have you turning the heat on to take the chill out of the air for the kids getting up and ready for school and then bring afternoons that make you switching the cooling on just to make it comfortable to sleep. We offer maintenance and HVACj repair.
All this back and forth can put a lot of strain on a heat pump, especially one that hasn’t been properly maintained. Comfort By Nature provides HVAC maintenance for both residential and commercial customers.
- HVAC Tune-Ups and Maintenance checks will keep your HVAC going strong all summer and winter.
- While we get “under the hood,” there are things you can do to make sure your HVAC system isn’t straining too hard.
Change your Filters Regularly
- When filters get filled or overfilled, they become covered with a thick coat of dust, lint, hair (pet and human) and things you really don’t want to know about.
- This layer of gunk slows the air down by creating friction. Your HVAC system then has to work harder to push the air through the filter.
- This can lead to breakdowns of the system as well as higher utility bills.
- You can make sure your outdoor heat pump unit has space around it.
- In the winter, make sure that snow isn’t blocking the airflow and that that ice isn’t forming on any of the parts.
- In the summer, make sure that vegetation that could be obstructing the airflow isn’t allowed to grow up around the unit.
Call Comfort By Nature to make an appointment for your spring maintenance.