Comfort By Nature is the Greeley area’s HVAC repair service to call if you are having trouble with your HVAC. If your home is dependent on a heat pump to keep you warm in the winter, you may be finding that it can’t keep up with the demand. Heat pumps are not known for working well under 35 degrees F. In Colorado, during winter, 35 can be a warm spell, not a cold snap. Besides keeping your fireplace going or using space heaters, what can you do?
Before you call us out, you’ll want to check a few things to make sure you don’t have an easy fix on your hands.
- Make sure the outside unit is clear of debris, snow, and ice.
- Make sure that the house is sealed up and that the insulation is as it should be.
- Check and change, if necessary, the air filter. If the air filter is filled up, the heat pump will have to work extra hard pump air.
- Check if the return ductwork in not leading and pulling in cold air from outside.
- Also, make sure that the outside unit is actually running.
If you’ve checked on those things, call us and we’ll check the following things.
- Is the thermostat working properly? If not, we can install a new one.
- Is the refrigerant low? If so, we can fill it up.
- The compressor, is it running? Are the valves bad?
We can go over all of these things and make sure that you are getting maximum efficiency from your heat pump. Don’t be cold! Call Comfort By Nature!